Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sad

It amazes me how silly I can really be at times. Especially when it comes to death. If someone dies that I haven't seen in a while, I am of course instantly sad when I first hear the news, but when I hang up the phone, I kind of go about my business thinking of that person and when I last saw them. In my mind, they're not gone and it's not real. To me, they're hundreds of miles away doing their thing and I'm doing mine, the way it's been done since the last time I saw them. That is until I actually see the obituary. Then, it becomes real and the sadness becomes real.

A family friend that I have known literally all my life lost her husband, Ricardo Torres, Jr. Monday. He was too young, she was too young, it's just terribly tragic. 41 years old is too young to have to plan a funeral for your husband. 41 years old is too young to die. Ricardo was married to my sisters best friend, Melissa. As I said, I've known Missy all my life and wanted to be like her when I was younger (still do lol). She met Ricardo and they married in 1995. He was a great compliment to Missy because she always had and still has a great smile with perfect teeth, just like my sister. He had an equally wonderful smile and was just a decent guy with a calming demeanor. I really cannot imagine the loss that is felt by Missy and their families and I pray for them.

May our brother in Christ finally be at peace and may the Lord accept him with open arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment